THE BRETT-SESSIONS | VOL.5
OUR CULINARY HEARTBEAT
// Christmassy, sweet, fragrant.
A vegetarian roast. Christmassy, sweet, fragrant, with almonds and oranges, accompanied by fresh Turkish figs, goat cheese and a creamy saffron sauce.
Please note the order of preparation:
1. prepare pumpkin completely, so that it only needs to go into the oven.
2. form meatballs and get them ready
3. prepare rice completely and cover with a kitchen towel
4. put the pumpkin in the oven
5. 15 minutes later, put meatballs in the pan
6. set the table
Preparation: about 30 minutes / cooking time: 20-35 minutes
// aka Köfte
// Turkish rice with browned risi noodles
For this rice dish, we took some great Turkish rice with browned risi noodles and lots of butter. A classic side dish to kebab-on-a-plate and really very tasty when done well. Accompanied by blanched rapa, wild broccoli. A rather unknown vegetable, with a great taste of its own. Actually only available from wholesalers and said Arab or Turkish greengrocers. In addition, barberries, as an acid highlight, salty pistachios, fried echalottes and finally a fragrant cumin butter on top. Very fine. Here's how:
IMAGES & VIDEOS: FRANKFURTER BRETT GmbH